The Power of Storytelling
Learn how to create compelling data visualizations that inform and drive action. If you want the ability to: tell a story or answer questions with your data, create compelling visuals that impact decision-making, and ensure your audience never leaves without understanding the key points of your analysis, then this course is for you.
This training is for you if…
You work with data and often need to share insights and findings with other colleagues
You want to know where the line between art and functionality lies to make compelling charts
This training is not for you if…
You want to learn about how to work with data in Python (Python for Data Analysis)
You want to learn how to build a dashboard in something like Power BI (Power BI in a day)
You are more interested in creating fancy charts that are only appealing visually, than learning how to alter a bar or line chart to aid your storytelling
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
Storytelling with Data
- Identify the best chart for certain use cases
- Add extra elements to your chart to aid the story
- Learn how to invoke emotion in the audience to encourage action
Data Visualization in Python
- Use matplotlib, seaborn and altair to make charts in Python
- Learn how to customize charts to be more readable
- Data Visualization in Python
- Matplotlib as the go-to library for data visualization
- Using Altair to make interactive visuals
- Types of charts for different situations
- Extra elements in the chart
- Changing the story using graphic design
- Using keywords and language to invoke emotion
After the training you will:
- Create a range of visualizations using Python
- Control the visual elements of your chart to tell a compelling story
- Make good graphic design choices to change your visualizations for different audiences
Data Science Learning Journey
Juan Manuel PerafanAnalytics Engineer
Juan is an Analytics Engineer with a passion for data visualization and programmatic solutions. His mission is to make organizations become data-driven using user-friendly tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Fivetran.
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.