Security Engineering on AWS demonstrates how to efficiently use AWS security services to stay secure and compliant in the AWS Cloud. The course focuses on the AWS-recommended security best practices that you can implement to enhance the security of your data and systems in the cloud. The course highlights the security features of AWS key services including compute, storage, networking, and database services. This course also refers to the common security control objectives and regulatory compliance standards and examines use cases for running regulated workloads on AWS across different verticals, globally. You will also learn how to leverage AWS services and tools for automation and continuous monitoring—taking your security operations to the next level.
This training is for you if…
This training is not for you if…
- Have not attended AWS Security Fundamentals
- Not familiar with cloud computing concepts
- Have not working knowledge of IT infrastructure concepts
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared security responsibility model.
- Manage user identity and access management in the AWS cloud.
- Use AWS security services such as AWS Identity and Access Management, Amazon Virtual Private Cloud, AWS Config, AWS CloudTrail, AWS Key Management Service, AWS CloudHSM, and AWS Trusted Advisor.
- Implement better security controls for your resources in the AWS cloud.
- Manage and audit your AWS resources from a security perspective.
- Module 1: Introduction to Cloud Security
- Module 2: Cloud Aware Governance and Compliance
- Module 3: Identity and Access Management
- Lab 1: Using AWS IAM
- Module 4: Securing AWS Infrastructure Services – Part 1
- Lab 2: Creating a virtual private cloud
- Module 5: Securing AWS Infrastructure Services – Part 2
- Module 6: Securing AWS Container Services – Part 1
- Module 6: Securing AWS Container Services – Part 2
- Lab 3: Using RDS security groups
- Module 7: Securing AWS Abstracted Services
- Lab 4: Securing Amazon S3 buckets
- Module 8: Using AWS Security Services – Part 1
- Lab 5: Capturing logs
- Module 9: Using AWS Security Products – Part 2
- Lab 6: Using AWS Config
- Lab 7: Using AWS Service Catalog
- Module 10: Data Protection in the AWS Cloud
- Module 11: Building Compliant Workloads on AWS – Case Studies
- Module 12: Security Incident Management in the Cloud
you will know how to:
- Monitor and log access and usage of AWS compute, storage, networking, and database services.
- Assimilate and leverage the AWS shared compliance responsibility model.
- Identify AWS services and tools to help automate, monitor, and manage security operations on AWS.
- Perform security incident management in the AWS cloud.
Get in Touch!
Contact Max Driessen if you want to learn more and take your cloud skills to the next level!
Martijn van de GriftCloud Consultant
Martijn is specialised creating solutions using GCP and AWS. He has a strong software engineering background and host most relevant technical certifications for both clouds.
Martijn has a great passion for IT and likes to work with the latest technologies. He uses his experience to help clients become successful with Cloud technology.He loves to share his passion during training and webinars. Martijn is an authorized instructor for both GCP and AWS, and has an online course on O’Reilly’s Training Platform
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.