Improve insights with Microsoft Power BI!
Learn how to turn your unrelated sources of data into coherent, visually immersive, and interactive insights using Microsoft Power BI. Power BI is a business intelligence tool with which you can easily connect to your data sources, visualize and discover what’s important, and share that with anyone or everyone you want. You’ll begin the training day with raw data and end it with an interactive dashboard that you publish and share with your colleagues. By the end of the day, you’ll be able to create and share simple but useful dashboards using Power BI independently.
This training is for you if…
You want to start working with Power BI
You want to be the go-to person for making dashboards in Power BI
This training is not for you if…
You don’t want to work with Power BI after the training
You want to perform complex data analysis (Python for Data Analysis)
You are new to data science and want to learn about how to make models using machine learning (Certified Data Science with Python)
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
Loading Data with Power BI
- Extract, transform, and load data into Microsoft Power BI from various sources
- Describe storage options using Microsoft Power BI when connecting to a database
- Perform various types of data transformations in the Power Query Editor
- Mash up data by integrating different sources
Power BI essentials
- Describe Microsoft Power BI desktop data modeling
- How to create relationships between tables
- Create visualizations to explore data
- Build an interactive dashboard
- Share a dashboard with colleagues
After the training
- Extract, transform, and load data into Microsoft Power BI from various sources.
- Perform various types of data transformations in the Power Query Editor.
- Build and share effective dashboards with colleagues.
The program consists of blocks combining theory and practice.
- Introduction into Microsoft Power BI and the Power Query Editor
- Hands-on: extracting, transforming and loading data into the Power Query Editor
- Data modeling and data visualization
- Hands-on: building a data model and creating and sharing a dashboard
- Hands-on: adding extra functionalities to your dashboards, such as navigation and interaction or building a dashboard based on your own data set
Data Analyst Learning Journey
Juan Manuel PerafanAnalytics Engineer
Juan is an Analytics Engineer with a passion for data visualization and programmatic solutions. His mission is to make organizations become data-driven using user-friendly tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Fivetran.
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.