IN-COMPANY TRAINING PROGRAMS
Contact Giovanni Lanzani, if you want to know more about custom data & AI training for your teams. He’ll be happy to help you!
Check out more
Own the workflow! Learn everything you need to know to improve your dbt (data build tool) skillset.
In partnership with dbt Labs (the creators and maintainers of dbt), GoDataDriven delivers dbt Learn — a training course packed with all the ins and outs to learn and improve your dbt (data build tool) skills.
With this open-source piece of magic, you can transform data in warehouses simply with the power of SQL select statements. Learn about modeling strategies, automated testing, and performance optimization. This course includes a verified dbt Learn certificate.
This training is for you if…
- You or your team use dbt or are in the process of using it.
- You want to learn the hottest tool for modeling data.
- You want ownership of your data work.
- You want to be added to automatically receive the dbt Fundamentals badge.
This training is not for you if…
- You want to learn how to use Python to explore data (check out the Python for Data Analysis training instead)
- You have no intention of ever working with dbt.
- You have no experience with SQL.
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
- Build models to shape your data from raw data to transformed data
- Configure and run tests on your data to meet your expectations
- Write, generate, and view documentation while you develop
- Leverage Jinja and Macros to write DRY code
- Create and implement existing packages to make robust scalable projects
- Deploy your dbt Project to run on a schedule with dbt Cloud
- Learn about the role of an analytics engineer
- Distributed dbt Learn norms
- Fundamentals of dbt and Project Design
- Learn how to test your transformations and source data
- Document your transformations to improve collaboration
- Deploy your dbt projects
- Polishing your dbt project
- Using Jinja within dbt
- How to use packages and projects
- When and where to use dbt Materializations
- What incremental Models are and where we can use them
- An overview of the different data warehouses
- Techniques of the trade: Top 10 advanced tips to continue learning
After the training you will be able to:
- Use SQL select statements to build robust models for your data.
- Use jinja to create scalable and advanced SQL statements.
- Take part in the dbt community by sharing knowledge.
Data Engineering Learning Journey
🎓dbt labs put $300 from every Learn ticket into a dbt community fund to offer financial support. dbt first use if this refund is to cover the ticket costs for underrepresented and marginalized community members in tech to attend dbt Learn. If you would like to apply for a dbt scholarship ticket, please do so here.
Lucy SheppardData Spirit Guide
Lucy is a fully qualified teacher with four years experience at a UK bank, building models to generate customer risk profiles. She has always had a passion for learning and teaching so when she got to combine this with her skills in data by becoming a data science trainer she felt extremely lucky. Lucy endeavours to continually produce and deliver high quality training to share knowledge and support the next iteration of data scientists.
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.