Own the workflow!
In partnership with dbt Labs, the creators and maintainers of dbt, GoDataDriven deliver dbt Learn: A training packed with all the ins and outs to learn and improve your dbt (data build tool) skills.
With this open-source piece of magic, you will be able to transform data in warehouses simply with the power of SQL select statements. You will learn about modelling strategies, automated testing and performance optimization.
Including verified dbt Learn Certificate!
This training is for you if…
You or your team is using or about to start using dbt
You want to learn the hottest tool for modeling data
You want ownership when it comes to working with your data
You want to automatically be added to gain the dbt Fundamentals badge
This training is not for you if…
You want to learn how to use Python to explore data (Python for Data Analysis)
You have no intention of ever working with dbt
You have no experience of SQL
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
- Build models to shape your data from raw data to transformed data
- Configure and run tests on your data to meet your expectations
- Write, generate, and view documentation while you develop
- Leverage Jinja and Macros to write DRY code
- Create and implement existing packages to make robust scalable projects
- Deploy your dbt Project to run on a schedule with dbt Cloud
- Learn about the role of an analytics engineer
- Distributed dbt Learn norms
- Fundamentals of dbt and Project Design
- Learn how to test your transformations and source data
- Document your transformations to improve collaboration
- Deploy your dbt projects
- Polishing your dbt project
- Using Jinja within dbt
- How to use packages and projects
- When and where to use dbt Materializations
- What incremental Models are and where we can use them
- An overview of the different data warehouses
- Techniques of the trade: Top 10 advanced tips to continue learning
Data Engineering Learning Journey
🎓dbt labs put $300 from every Learn ticket into a dbt community fund to offer financial support. dbt first use if this refund is to cover the ticket costs for underrepresented and marginalized community members in tech to attend dbt Learn. If you would like to apply for a dbt scholarship ticket, please do so here.
Lucy SheppardData Spirit Guide
Lucy is a fully qualified teacher with four years experience at a UK bank, building models to generate customer risk profiles. She has always had a passion for learning and teaching so when she got to combine this with her skills in data by becoming a data science trainer she felt extremely lucky. Lucy endeavours to continually produce and deliver high quality training to share knowledge and support the next iteration of data scientists.
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.