Apply Power BI in more challenging scenarios.
This is an advanced training for experienced Power BI users. After following this training, you will have both a theoretical background on the inner workings of Power BI and hands-on experience with the tool.
This training is for you if…
You have been working with Power BI and would like to take your skills to the next level using advanced techniques
You want to learn advanced ways of working with data and data storage
This training is not for you if…
You have never worked with Power BI before (check out Power BI in a Day)
You want to be certified in the Microsoft PL-300 exam: Analyzing Data with Microsoft Power BI (check out Microsoft PL-300 training)
Clients we've helped
What you'll learn
- How to extract, transform and load data into Power BI from various sources
- How to describe storage options using Power BI when connecting to a database
- How to perform various types of data transformations in the Power Query Editor
- How to mash up data by integrating different sources
Explain the theoretical background and inner workings of Power BI
Work from different data sources with Power BI
Perform advanced Power BI techniques including working with M & DAX
- How to describe Power BI desktop data modeling
- About the relationships between tables and how to create them
- How to create visualizations to explore data
- How to build an interactive dashboard
- How to share a dashboard with colleagues
- Introduction to the Power Query Editor
- Introduction to M
- Creating functions in M
- How create and maintain a large amount of tables, columns and measures with the Tabular Editor
- Diagnosing performance issues
- Introducing DAX Studio
- How to analyze how the PowerBI Engine processes DAX code
Data Analyst Learning Journey
After this training
You will learn how to perform advanced data transformations not available in the Query Editor. We will discuss how to leverage the M language to achieve this. The M basics will be covered as well as how to write custom functions empowering participants to create robust and re-usable Power Query work.
In addition, participants will learn advanced DAX concepts like evaluation context, time intelligence formulas, and the difference between DAX formulas and DAX queries.
Finally, as performance problems might occur when models grow larger and more complex, we will address the Tabular Editor and DAX studio, two powerful tools to create models and fix performance issues.
The Advanced Power BI training is perfect for
Power BI users, with over a year of experience, who want to bring their M and DAX knowledge to the next level.
Juan Manuel PerafanAnalytics Engineer
Juan is an Analytics Engineer with a passion for data visualization and programmatic solutions. His mission is to make organizations become data-driven using user-friendly tools like Tableau, Power BI, or Fivetran.
Structured, to-the-point, good combination of theory and practical examples, very knowledgeable trainer who can explain concepts very well
It was a hands-on and tangible course. We could apply what we learned in a matter of minutes. The trainer did a great job of answering ad-hoc questions that complemented the material. We appreciated the fact that we could apply what we were taught directly to our company.
I liked every aspect of this training and would like to thank the trainers. They did an excellent job of explaining how to use Spark for data science. This is the fourth GoDataDriven training I’ve followed. All were great, but this was the best one so far.
Climbing a steep Python and Machine Learning curve in three days. This would have taken me months on my own.