Public speaking, events, open-source contributions, blog, books, and much more
Sharing knowledge is deeply embedded in the DNA of GoDataDriven. We develop our own and others’ knowledge at every possible occasion:
We frequently organize events and meetups, you can find us at many data & AI conferences sharing insights and customer stories. Here’s what we do:
- Meetups – founders of PyData Amsterdam and Data Council Amsterdam
- Conferences – founders and organizers GoDataFest and Dutch Data Science Week. Organizers of satRdays event and PyData Amsterdam
- Trade show – Big Data Expo ambassador
Check out the full event schedule, we hope to see you soon!
During GoDataDriven Fridays, our monthly hackathon, we often contribute to open-source projects. Many of our people also support open-source in their own time. Some of the projects we support are:
- Apache Airflow – The famous open-source workflow management platform.
- Apache Parquet – One of the most used columnar storage format in the data & AI ecosystem.
- Apache Avro – A data serialization framework widely used in the data ecosystem.
- scikit-lego – Consolidate custom transformers, metrics and models into a package that offers code quality and testing.
- Whirl – Fast iterative local development and testing of Apache Airflow workflows.
These are only a few examples of open-source projects we support. Check out our blog for regular updates on contributions.
Writing, acting, podcasting, content is at the core of sharing data & AI knowledge with the world:
- GoDataDriven blog – Want regular updates on the best data science & engineering knowledge? Our blog is the place to be!
- Studio Data – The annual Big Data Expo talkshow, hosting over 20 experts annually.
- Books – We’ve written several books, the latest being Data Pipelines with Airflow and Dogs & Data Science.
- Dataloog podcast – It may be in Dutch, but De Dataloog is a great podcast to learn more on data & AI. Walter van der Scheer is one of the hosts.
- Data Science Pioneers documentary – Giovanni Lanzani, our Chief Science Officer played a prominent role in the documentary. He even has his own IMDB page, bring on the casting agents!
Sharing Knowledge as a Culture
As a part of Xebia, GoDataDriven shares Xebia’s value of sharing knowledge. Not just externally we encourage all our employees to continuously develop themselves. How? Well, like this:
- 13 GoDataDriven Fridays – Once every four weeks we come together at our office for our hackathon. The only requirement of the day is to leave wiser than you came. What you want to work on and with whom? That’s completely up to you!
- €5,000 annual training budget – All of our employees receive an annual training budget of €5,000 to spend and 6 training days.
- Xebia Knowledge Exchange – Every two weeks on Tuesday we gather for an evening of knowledge exchange. From 16:00 to 21:00 there’s a host of presentations, workshops and roundtables organized by Xebia employees.
- Unlimited book budget – No, you can’t order Harry Potter, but you can order anything that advances your professional knowledge.
- Speaking at conferences – We encourage all our employees to share their knowledge with the community. Speaking at conferences doesn’t come out of your own time or your training budget, GoDataDriven takes care of that.
Want to experience these awesome benefits yourself? Check out our career opportunities, we are always looking for the best in the business.